Thursday, November 15, 2007


So i am teaching institute. crazy.
a member of a BYU stake presidency called me in august and wanted to talk to me. i went down to orem to meet him and have a "get-to-know-you" session as he called it. before i left, he had offered the class to me. weird.
it's tuesday evenings on BYU campus. it's the New Testament. where do i even begin to list all the things i have learned. college students and working professionals (yep, graduated, working, young single adults who are living in south provo come too) are very different than 6th graders. but it has been interesting to see what teaching techniques are universal, despite the curriculum and age group.
i have been using The New Testament with the Joseph Smith Translation written by Steve and Julie Hite. we have been going through the events of the Savior's life chronologically. A we have done this, we are focusing on the disciples - men and women - who chose to follow the Savior; who they are, what characteristics they have, how to become like them. i have been using power points to show things because i teach in a large lecture room in the eyring science center....so many new skills :)
in january we will cover the last week of the Savior's life and then into the rest of the New Testament. Feel free to ponder thoughts and share with me!! i will give you full credit as i steal them =)

2 comments:

Brian & Emily said...

Hi -- have I ever mentioned that you are my HERO and I want to be just like you when I grow up? Seriously. I love you! (oh, and I miss your face).

Lindsay said...

Em- I love coming to your Institute class. There is always a struggle at about 7pm on Tuesdays...my body has a hard time walking up the hill after a long day of being on my feet, but my soul is ever so thankful after! Plus, I get to see you!!! What a blessing to be spiritually fed and to see your gorgeous face! LOVE YOU!