Friday, February 29, 2008


the other day, my girlfriend and i were talking. after the conversation, i came to the conclusion that i needed to improve parts of my personality and who i am, etc. i realized that i needed to "soften" my approach on life. i remembered mary jones scoresby telling me about some book from the 50's or 60's about how to be a wonderful woman...we laughed at it. who knows if this is the same book, but i found Fascinating Womanhood on my mom's bookshelf and started reading. i was truly "fascinated". i didn't feel that the examples were totally applicatble, but the principles were definitely sound. i kept thinking how i wished that helen adeline was alive to write a more up-to-date version.

my roommate and i were discussing the principles and she was intrigued so bought the book online...but it wasn't the book i had...it was the up-to-date one that i was hoping for!

1965
new and improved 2007!!
talk about thrilling!! so i called all the barnes and nobles in the salt lake area and went to get the one at fort union. tragically, it was the 1992 version and i am missing about 100 pages. so i will be returning and ordering online. don't fret, she has written a fascinating girl for single women and a parenting book as well.

i think the principles are powerful. if used and taught, i feel like miracles would happen in homes, school, work places, church, etc. that may sound like a huge overstatement, but i have been pondering the theory behind the principles and feel like it is right one.

if i had all the money in the world, i would by everyone i know a copy. so, in connection with the last entry of beautiful cars...here is the plea to rich, generous friends and loved ones...share the wealth and bless some lives and buy us all a copy of this - 2007 issue please - book!

ps this is the single woman version
and the parenting book
there is one for men too, but i forgot to grab that image...sorry! :)


4 comments:

Rebecca Snyder said...

When the church gives you that big raise, I would appreciate my own copy. Thanks.

Scoresbys said...

I hope the updated version is truly updated. I remember saying that I wanted to burn that book at my bridal shower. You'll have to tell me what you learn!

Devon and Brooke said...

hey- just wanted to say hi - and i love you!

Jill said...

hum...i remember reading this book on a roadtrip in upstate new york. i wanted to throw it out of the window many times.

i can't tell if you're being serious or not. do you really like the book? what part wasn't i reading?