Saturday, May 17, 2008

lizzy's 12th b-day!!




although monday, may 12th was her real - and golden - birthday, her party was on friday. she had a barbeque, opened presents, made purses, played night games, and had magic cookie bars and pineapple-raspberry sherbet! whew...what a night!








miss chalk came to bring in the festivities!! we ALWAYS have more fun when she's around! my mom had made enough purses so miss and i made ones too...we finished ours watching high school musical 2 that we found on the disney channel :)



then, this morning, i finally worked on the bucket! there is a regional young single adult activity tonight. a friend in my ward signed me up to do a basket without me knowing what she had done. the activity is a date auction. this means there will be men and women who can be "bought" and taken out on a date...it will be like a runway thing i think. then there will be an auction for date baskets. much like the auction in the musical oklahoma where the girls make a lunch and put it in a basket and then the guys bid on the basket and get to eat the lunch with the girl, we - the dates are all double dates for safety issues - make a basket with the things needed for the date and then 2 guys bid on it.

keli and i decided to do a cabin date and ride her family's 3-wheelers. so here is the basket that we put together for it.









i am a bit nervous that the familiar feelings of the stake dances when i was 14 and just got excited for laura getting asked to dance, or tamara, or amber will all come flooding back tonight when no one bids on the "bucket o' fun". wish me luck!

11 comments:

Boyce said...

OK...first of all I can't believe that Lizzy is 12! Happy Birthday Lizzie!!! Secondly I can't believe you made an Oklahoma basket. How'd that go? :)

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

I cant' wait to hear that the bucket o fun was the hit of the night ... you know it will be. Maybe I should bring up the bucket of fun in dating class ...

Emily said...

Holy cute purses, love your family to pieces, and I'm stealing your creative ideas AGAIN! So fun to see what you're up to!

Tamara said...

Cute fun birthday and way fun bucket! You are so creative. I would have had to ponder on that one for weeks to come up with anything even remotely as cute. I bet you get a seriously hot date out of it!! I'll be awaiting details of the romance that will follow. (Hey, I'm big and pregnant, a little romance story would do me some good to get my mind off things).

Rebecca Snyder said...

wow look at the first picture. dad and lizzy look so much alike.

Devon and Brooke said...

i am dying - i cannot believe that she is 12 - she looks so much like Melissa did - crazy! you are so cute - i am jealous that you and miss got to make purses and watch high school musical together - i think we need to plan a weekend reunion! i want to hear how the bucket o fun went - it was super cute - but i would expect nothing less from you - the queen of cute! love you!

Anie said...

You guys are TOO CUTE- and creative!!! I can't wait to hear how the activity and bidding went!!! I LOVED your bucket o fun!! Really, who's going to top that for a date!?!!? Miss you!!!!

harmony said...

I mysteriously came across your blog as I was wasting away my Sunday afternoon. Maybe not the best use of time but hey, I found your blog. You look like you're still a ton of fun. The Moab trip looked great.

Sister Ware said...

...aka...Natalie
Ok Miss Emily, you've got to email me. I'm so glad you posted on the mission website and that I saw your blog. I've been wondering about you forever and where life has taken you...and now I know. As I suspected - you are amazing. drop me a line - nataliegowen@yahoo.com

Word Diva said...

Speaking of other birthdays:

239 east 300 north #302, Annie will get you the information. :)

Peter Jay said...

Hey Emily, this is Peter Jay. Do you remember me? I linked to your blog from mine. Mine is at http://peterandkirajay.blogspot.com/. It is good to hear from you