Saturday, February 21, 2009

happy beautiful almost spring saturday!

i am sitting in the living room, after cleaning my apartment, doing pilates, and eating an egg that the egg-master - otherwise known as dad - made for me, ready to work on a talk. BUT before i do so, i wanted to document the FaNtAbULoUs night i had last night. no, i didn't meet the man of my dreams. no, i haven't heard back from stanford. no, i didn't win the lottery. something that currently is much, much, much more exciting than any of those options . . . my PURSE arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what purse you ask? just the purse i have been subconsciously dreaming of for my entire life. i'm thinking that finding a man to spend eternity with just might feel something like what i felt last night as i opened the box, hoping that what was lying just fingertips away was really and truly worth the money i spent and the time i searched. was this really going to be the bag that i would want to carry with me ALL the time? would it hold all the random items i feel are necessary for daily living and still be stunning and beautiful quality and the classic piece of living i would love for the rest of my days? would i have the bitter disappointment of having to rebox and return the poor choice i made, just to go back to the drawing board and start the search again? would i be disappointed in tony perotti's make and efforts of a bag and forever think of him as a mediocre bag designer and then think less of the italy that i love?

all these questions swam through my mind as i sliced the packaging tape around the large box. hope surged through my heart and pumped to my fingers as i lifted the large bubble wrapped object from the cardboard. as i slowly and someone fearfully unwrapped the little pockets of air i realized my hope may be merited! my prize was housed in an extra green drawstring bag - almost just to show the care sweet tony took for his creations. goodness, if tony made sure that this leather lovey was wrapped with his love, it must be everything i dreamt about, right?? dad walked over for the unveiling (so many comparisons could be made to the search for the man of my dreams right now. dad "supervising" the find??). before i could take in the visual beauty, the air was filled with the pure and uniquely italian smell of leather. oh wow. this is real!! and then. the bag.

words will never be found to express the joy. pure. sweet. joy that causes smiles to overflow. plastic covered the handles - yet another hug from tony. (these handles allow were another witness that THIS is truly the bag for me - they are the absolute perfect length. i can swing it onto my shoulder with the top of the bag just barely under my elbow as i swing - i am sure you can hear me singing, "HeAvEn! this is HeAvEn!"

what lead me to coming upon this gift from the gods? my wonderful father. i was presented and gifted with the most incredible macbook pro just days after Christmas. where i will ever find a man like my dad is a mystery to me. he gives and gives in ways i can't comprehend or understand. his love is constant and life changing, while all the while, being the source of stabilizing life. with this "expensive piece of 'furniture'" i have been given, i needed a bag to protect, cushion, and equal the magnitude of this gift. thus, began the search. blessed internet let me stroll and hunt site after site. until, last saturday morning - i suddenly woke at 6 am. looking back, it must have been orchestrated from above. i updated my quicken account, studied my finances and continued my technological search again.

and here is the result of such orchestration!!!!!!!

my heart is filled. i am at peace. thanks to my little (okay, if you know me, it's not-so-little) red bag.



ps the past few weeks have been rather fun. i have started teaching institute again. how i love it. i love the preparation i get to have and then, the insights gained while teaching. it's the one area in which i am okay to be in selfish in. then, i was called to be in the Church's Curriculum Resource Committee. i get to review Church curriculum items - manuals, magazines, etc. and give my feedback and comments before it goes to print (i think. i start on tuesdsay and will have a better idea!). and on sunday, i was asked to speak in our alpine stake conference. not just the saturday session, but the sunday morning session. crazy. very crazy. but exciting thoughts through them all. and in just a few more weeks, i'll get to know if i was accepted to stanford - i'm sure i won't get in this time - and will be able to make some plans for how to get in next year. hooray. happy day.

3 comments:

Life, Love and a Lil Sauce said...

Gorgeous! Just gorgeous! You truly are a girl after my own heart. One more reason why we are kindred spirits ...

Tamara said...

This was quite possibly one of the funniest blogs I've ever read - the sheer elation you have over a purse is hysterical (in a non-judgmental sort of way, I promise!). I'm the same way about housewares (bowls, light fixtures, etc. - it's very strange, I know!). Congrats on finding the perfect bag for you!

{mike.amanda} said...

no one values my opinions enough to call ME on a committee (oh, maybe the opposite, however? "stop talking, amanda..."), BUT since i'm just so in love with you, i'll give you my opinion. LOVE IT! love dad's too. they're great:) red? FANTASTIC! once i spent WAY too much on red stilettos, and i think they liberated me. sometimes, you've gotta do what you've gotta do. fabulous, em. LOVE IT!