Sunday, May 17, 2009





my sisters get bugged with me in that i don't update my blog very often and then wamoo - lots at once. sorry. i rarely think of things to add to here, and when i think of them, it usually is all at once.

this entry is dedicated to my summer plans.

i am officially leaving Church employment on june 4th. i had originally planned of staying until the end of june. but when melissa said she was coming with aaron and tillie for the entire month of june (actually, i don't know how much of this time aaron will be around. he has to do externships for dental school. he's amazing.), i knew that i would be rather ornery going to work when i knew everyone would be playing. thus, june 4th became the ending date.

so many mixed emotions. there are oodles of people i have come to love. from the women i work for to the parking garage attendent who chats with me each morning. i have become a different person from the last almost two years. and am so grateful. and yet, just as strongly as i knew i needed to be there, i know i need to leave.

after 3 years of cancer-free life, i think it's time to get my body in shape. so, this summer is dedicated to me. i will be getting a membership to hang out here:
i will be saving my pennies to purchase one of these (it's the bottom of the line for trek women's bikes, but i figure i need to prove to myself that i am really into this before i spend over a thousand on a bike):

and i will be swimming my guts out in this:

in my spare time, i will be preparing to teach 7th and 8th grade English! i am soo excited. i am trying to think of a theme for my classroom. i really loved the Hannah Montana movie - don't knock it until you see it - and really like the idea of butterflies; becoming something new. yet, i know that doesn't totally get guys excited, especially 7th and 8th grade boys. so it you can think of another type of insect or animal that changes into something new, let me know!! wait, frogs?? can i do butterflies and frogs all over my room and quotes about becoming?? hmmm . . . i think i like it.

i'll still be teaching institute. but only every other week. there is an incredible guy that comes to class that will teach the oposite weeks. what a saving grace. and the curriculum committee for the church is a two year calling.

AND, i am planning on going out to Stanford to see what i need to do to get accepted into their Curriculum planning and Teacher training program. i officially told Columbia thanks but no thanks on friday. people have thought i am crazy, especially with the scholarship i received. but i figure, i'm in no hurry. if i really want to do this, i want to go to a school that feels like home. new york would be a grand adventure, but i'm not looking for adventures just to have adventures any more. i am looking for the right things that feel right. so, i'll wait. :)

okay, i think that's all.


5 comments:

{mike.amanda} said...

so i don't have to be depressed about you leaving... can i just dwell on the fact that your POOL SQUIRTS?? oh, i am SO going to your house this summer...

Laura said...

I wish I could be there to enjoy all of that with you. I can't believe your family got such a wonderful pool, you are so lucky. I love going to visit Kathy. It feels so much like going home. Hopefully soon I will be able to travel and come see you in such a great place. I am so excited for you and your new teaching job, yeah!

Nikki & Tipper said...

Hey can you send me your address so I can send you a wedding invitation? Email it to me at nikkers419@hotmail.com

stephanie said...

Some of those caterpillars are really gross, maybe the boys would buy into it. the postman butterfly, for example. Even if they don't, you will definitely create a memory.

Scoresbys said...

you're a wise, wonderful woman. thanks for the visit. and the treats. and the shopping. and the laughs.