Thursday, March 3, 2011

on my desk

today, i found this on my desk in my room . . .


no i did not apply for an MBA . . .

 it's from Human Resources . . . because i get to be Clayton Christensen's assistant!!!


 if you don't know who he is, you are soo missing out. he was on the cover of Forbes magazine last week, he writes new york times best selling books, and is talked about at General Conference. yeah, he is beyond incredible and starting april 11th, i will try to assist him in all the things he does. if you want to read more about him, check out www.claytonchristensen.com!!


so nothing more can top this envelope, but here are the other items on my desk:

beautiful green bird i found at an antique store in new hampshire last monday. i feel like melissa as she collects random ceramic birds  . . .
hmm . . i guess it was all about the shades of green from the antique store! love love love these other find from new hampshire as well. 

and then remember how i am in a calligraphy class?? oh my heavens, i am LOVING it!!! tonight we wen to a smaller pen size. and i am addicted. except that i didn't do my homework the other night, so either the teacher is just nice to me, or i am truly an amazing student!! haha - i told my mama tonight that all her efforts have lead to this: me being a star student in my community ed calligraphy class of 12 people (in which ALL of us are stars). i know. it's all about reaching for the stars - and goodness, i am slowly getting there . . . one community ed class at a time . . . 







4 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome! I use to work with him and his assistant when I was in the Priesthood Department! He is incredible!! I'm so excited for you.

Angela said...

Get out of town Emily. This is going to be SO COOL! I am DYING! Can't WAIT for the updates. SO EXCITED for you! Love, Ang

Laura said...

So happy for you Em! Glad that I was there right afterward so we could celebrate. Thanks for my name in calligraphy. I love it!

melimba said...

why had I not seen this post?!?
love the calligraphy!
love the ceramic bird!
love what that envelope means!

awesome.
good work, girl.