Saturday, October 1, 2011

finally, it's fall

i am excited and thrilled and at peace and just plain full of joy that today is october 1st. i love fall with every ounce of my heart. and today is general conference. i have been looking forward to enjoying conference at my new house on my own. i don't think i have ever watched conference by myself. and it has already been a sweet experience. tomorrow i will head up to vermont to watch sunday sessions with some friends in sharon - joseph smith's birthplace. i am pretty excited about that too. 

but today is my perfect fall day. is is over cast, and rained yesterday, but no raining yet. the leaves have started changing and it's not cold, but chilly. all of these things equal pure happiness to me. 

so to celebrate, i went to my beloved wilson farms! this one place exemplifies why i love new england. it is beautiful beyond beautiful. and sweet. and communal. and makes me smile inside and out. 

i know that becca will be disappointed that i am not going to explain all of these, but i just took and took pictures so that the fam could get a feel about the magic of wilson's farms.

every saturday and sunday of october, from 10 am - 5 pm, they sell caramel apples and apple cider doughnuts that they make right there, outside. heaven. simply heaven.
 i have got to figure out how to post the right direction, but these are my purchases from the garden section. i went back to get bread, yummy cheese, chocolate milk, and then went back a third time because i forgot to grab their home made apple cider.



 one magical part of new england is that there are soo many different types of pumpkins!! "fairy tale" styles, italian syles, pink moon . . etc. i LOVE that they write the names on wood in paint . . . soo stinkin happy . .









their produce is gorgeous as well. i wish i cooked more and loved to cook more . . .well maybe i'm glad i don't . . i would spend sooo much money here!









wilson's always has a section - outside - with greenery items. these obviously aren't so green, but just as stunning. i want to have a house full of all of these. and at Christmas, it's just as wonderful with all the boughs of real greenery . . . 







more caramel apple info . . . preparing for the masses . . .


oh stunning, right!?




and this is the beloved sight when you drive in. this year, they made a WALL of pumpkins!! and i had to get a close up of this sweet couple . . . they made me happy!





sorry to make you jealous that you don't live here! i truly live a dream. 
i also pulled out my fall quilt and pillows that i made at home over Christmas. they are perfect with the pumpkins i got to decorate in my little house. but i need to make some large pillow cases for a few other pillows, then i'll take pictures. 

now i'm off to make  . . . 


 . . .  cookies and my mama's apple cake (with caramel sauce) to take to vermont. 
happy fall!!

7 comments:

ellen said...

I heart New England. Don't miss the Haunted Hay Ride at Wilson Farms.

Heather said...

pretty much i like you. i love that you posted all the autumn photos. what a perfect autumn farm with all the delights. i'm glad you're enjoying all the fabulous things offered in the East. & gen conf... love it!

Ann Marie said...

Um, I am totally jealous. Wall of fabulous pumpkins is awesome! Wish I was there!

becca said...

great post! I even linked my readers to it. good times.

melimba said...

oh my heck.
I FEEL more ready for FALL when I am looking at all these amazing photos. I LOVED THESE! ALL OF THEM.

I wish I could be there right with you!!!

Such a great job capturing the magic you saw. Feel free to do this ALL of the time when you go places like this!

The wall of pumpkins??? I'm still reeling. You go, girl.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

The wall of pumpkins? AMAZING. I miss you too much. :)

Kris said...

That barn...with all the pumpkins...is amazing! I might have to hide in your mother's suitcase next time she comes!